Sunday 3 April 2022

YAMAMOTO Kichizo and his research of oral literature of mediaeval Japan. Translated by Google.

 

YAMAMOTO Kichizo and his research of oral literature of mediaeval Japan


 Regarding fieldwork, Professor Yamamoto said as follows.

 
"Mr. Hirosue doesn't do fieldwork. He travels. That kind of feeling.character
was. Regarding travel. (Omitted) The reason is that we have been in ourselves for a long time.Den
There was an immediate folklore that came to me. So criticize modernism againsentence
I feel like there was another core on the other that I could do, say the old days.palce
Hey. " 
Professor Yamamoto stated at the end of the lecture "Another Story" about oral culture as follows.and others
It has been. 
"In an era when oral culture was still functioning vigorously, narratives are what we call literary arts today.and
It is not a performing art, but one that allows you to know the past while being closely related to the spirits of the past.of
It was a circuit. And the place where they were talked about had a unique meaning. Medieval timeor
Spaces were not as homogeneous as they are today, but each had its own meaning.Ah
To. "
It was near the fall or winter of 1982 after all three volumes of Tsuneyuki Kawasaki's collection of historical works were published.When
One day, just before going up Wakozaka, I met Dr. Yamamoto who was going down the slope.
When I greeted the teacher, he invited me, "Tanaka-kun, why don't you have a little tea?"nine
It was. It was often that Wako's teacher suddenly invited me to tea before leaving school.Minute
I think it was my first time. I don't know if it still exists, but in 1982 it was still Wako.Big
There was a small shop that couldn't be called a coffee shop that had existed since the school opened. Down the hillthe law of nature
When you come, on the right side, when you go up the stone steps of 2 or 3 steps, there is a door and the inside is full of 2 or 3 peoplelittle
It was a rather dark shop. The teacher sat in the back and I sat in the foreground. 
Now I remember one more thing about what the teacher said and how I answered.When
I can't. The teacher didn't ask any questions. Face to face, I'm quietTo
I was facing a teacher who was drinking coffee. Or just a story that touches on everyday lifeTsu
It may have been. However, the quiet appearance of the teacher still remains in me. The relief of the teacherfire
It may have been a time. When I was a research student, I took the teacher's lecture at all.by
I didn't take it. Saigo who wrote a recommendation about the collection of works by Professor Kawasakiletter
Tsuna-sensei may have been inside the teacher. Or, Mr. Tanaka, thank you for your hard work.Cormorant
It may have been that. 
I still can't forget the kind teacher at that time. I resigned as a research student in March 1986,of
I didn't see the teacher anymore. Shortly after the teacher was retired, in 2007pass away
Was left. He was 72 years old. His young ally, Dr. Hanai, passed away at the age of 37 in 1976.mosquito
31 years have passed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment