Thursday 29 July 2021

Letter to H On old book shop street at Kanda, Tokyo 20 July 2021. Translated by Google

Letter to H On old book shop street at Kanda, Tokyo 20 July 2021

25/07/2021 19:54
Dear H,
 
 
Thank you for promptly mailing the textual interpretation .
 
I entered the Chinese Department of Tokyo University of Foreign Studies in 1967, and then spent my time as a major and research student at Wako University.
In foreign languages, Dr. Chen Tokai, who was an advisor to the Iwanami Chinese Dictionary,
Dr. Nobumitsu Kanegae, who published the Chinese dictionary from Daigaku Syorin, and Hakusuisha
published a book that became a staple of Chinese conversation. I was taught by Dr. Hiroshi Hasegawa and others.
In particular, I miss Mr. Chen, who told me about the good old days of Beijing at the time of class .
He was happy to remember that the Peking Opera was to lie down on the stage and listen to it.

At first, I was fascinated by the elementary school of the Qing dynasty , and I read little by little the sparkling articles such as Duan Yucai , Wang Guowei , Wang Guowei , and Shorin.
Later, after learning Russian from linguistics Eiichi Chino, he was taught the academic achievements of the Prague Linguistics Circle in the Czech Republic , where he studied abroad.
In particular, I felt the direction I should take in the achievements of Sergej Karcevskij, and
since then I have learned the universality of the Language Universals language from an oriental perspective.
 
With that wandering, I visited Kanda many times and collected the books needed by Suzuhara Bookstore along with Kaifu, Yamamoto, Uchiyama, Toho Bookstore, etc.
In recent years, we have reached the old age and the number of orders from home has increased, but
from the conversation with Mr. H, the nostalgic youth Kanda has revived.

The sound of the Toden going back and forth on Hakusan-dori, the Salvation Army building that retains the good old days, the owner of Uchiyama Bookstore and his wife, etc., are endless memories.
In particular , I heard that Mr. Junzo Nishi , who was at Hitotsubashi University at that time, gave a lecture on the second floor of the old store with Suzuhara Bookstore.
The teacher died early at the age of 69, but at Wako, I attended lectures and exercises on the wonderful Chinese philosophy for several years, and went to
Kirizumi Onsen and other places. The teacher's essay was published by his disciples in all four volumes from Uchiyama Bookstore , so
can bear the achievements, but the concept of the one character in heaven that I heard changes greatly depending on the position of the line. I still clearly remember the greatness of writing on the blackboard .
The teacher brought only one Xinhua dictionary to the lecture, and the content of the lecture was a small piece of newspaper sandwiched advertisement, which was noted in the white area behind it, and the lecture was given in a flowing manner. When I read back the notes I took, I was deeply impressed with the book itself .
 
At Wako, I was also intimately taught by Professor Shinobu Ono , who was transferred from the University of Tokyo. The teacher died at the age of 74,
In his last years, he was trying to convey the difficulty of the original song and lyrics to young students in an exercise Later on, I began to feel that it was probably a tribute to On Shionoya, who
was my teacher's teacher .
now feel that I should have listened to the detailed history of the Chinese Literature Study Group such as Yoshimi Takeuchi .
I myself was fascinated by Yu Dafu 's short stories taught by my teacher, and when I was in my twenties I often put a selection of books in my bag.
 
Below are some small sentences that leave my connection with Kanda .
We would be grateful if you could read it at your leisure.
 
I pray for the further development of your store.

Swords
 
20 July 2021
T. A.
 
.............................................................................
 
 
 
.............................................................................


Read more: https://srfl-collection.webnode.com/news/letter-to-h-on-old-book-shop-street-at-kanda-tokyo-20-july-2021/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment