Saturday 27 April 2024

Letter to Y. C. On Language study. November 2023. Abstract Revised Edition

   

Letter to Y. C. November 2023. Abstract Revised

Translated by Google at first
Original text is Japanese

 


In my case, I loved poetry, and my teacher at university taught me haiku.

However, in the end, even though I was fully aware that I was untalented, I returned to the bottom of my studies.

I'm still in the process of being uncertain.

From my language teacher Eiichi Chino

 " Don't do something so difficult.

 It's not what we do."

Although he strongly scolded me, but I continued on my way.

 love language, 

 love mathematics,

 love expressions in English.

For the past 20 years, that's pretty much effort days for all my study.

It has been published on the Internet.

The essays posted on that relatively old site on the internet
were being read little by little around the world.

Over 200,000 pages in 20 years.

My philosophy of expressing language through mathematics

remains unchanged in the least.

It is said that language cannot be expressed in natural language itself.
It's my core belief.

Twenty years ago, I thought of physics concept of quantum, and

I tried to express language using it.

Fortunately, this essay was rare at the days,

So at International symposium held in Nara,

I was selected as one of the four presenters in the language and literature department.

However, at that days, the quantum itself is not notated mathematically.

I wasn't able to write down accurately on it.

However, from around 2000 , the mathematical concept of quantum groups
began to become popular, and now the physical concept of quantum has also become popular.

It is now possible to express it clearly in mathematics.

This is my current stage.

But still, I don't understand anything about the language itself.

That is my current situation. 


TANAKA Akio

7 March 2024

27 April 2024 I made revisions a little to the basic Google translation. 

Hills West Tokyo

No comments:

Post a Comment