Monday 12 October 2020

Story Papa Wonderful. RI Ko. 1999. Translated by Google 2020

 Story Papa Wonderful. RI Ko. 1999. Translated by Google2020


 
01 Beginning

 "Nice dad" Kohei Tadokoro is not a real person. But the closest model is the author himself.
 I really wanted to draw as a fictitious person, but the author didn't have the power to draw as such a person, so I modeled on the author who is closest to me.
 The author was born and raised in the western suburbs of Tokyo in 1947. So what is written here may be the truth that the author saw in his time when he lived. What is written here, including loneliness and fictitious things, is something that the author wanted to be like this somewhere in his heart.
 When I was little, the author read the manga "Little Women" in the appendix of the girls' magazine that my sister was reading. The feeling after reading was really warm. After all, even now, almost half a century later, I can clearly remember some of those scenes. If you are a father or mother who has a child, please do not deny the work by saying that it is a manga. It's all about expression and sensation, not what it does.
 So you can think of this story as a compliment to the manga "Little Women" that I read as a boy, written half a century apart.
 I have seen the novelist Akatsuki Kambayashi once look back on his literary career and say that he really loved "Uncle Asinaga". For this person, this word made me feel a little smile.
 It's hard to compare to Mr. Uebayashi, who is a literary expert, but the author of this book must look back on himself to the extent that "Little Women" seems to have been the starting point for his modest literary activities. May have reached the age of reflecting on himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment