Sunday 25 October 2020

Story Papa Wonderful 48 Letter . Translated by Google

 

Story Papa Wonderful 48 Letter . Translated by Google



48 Letter 

   
    I think it was Kenichi Yoshida who said that time flows quietly when reading a letter book, but that is the center of literature. Let’s do it. So what I add here is just the surroundings. My conclusion is that literature is a defense. What kind of defense is against what you call your heart, your soul, your life, or something like that.


 Literature here is not limited to so-called literary arts represented by poetry and novels, but sometimes extends to newspaper fragments and the text of advertisements. When I heard that soldiers reread the drug’s efficacy statement many times during the war, the misery of the war and the faint peace in it were mixed in me, and at the same time, out of the chaos. I also felt the defense of literature.


 I will use the word mind here. Literature protects the mind. I think people’s hearts are vulnerable. If nothing else, it’s probably easy to get hurt. I’m not sure if literature can save people’s hearts, but I think it can provide some protection for vulnerable hearts.


 In Tetsutaro Kawakami’s “The Diary of Arisu”, I read back several times when I mentioned the poems of Mallarmé and Laforgue. I replaced the phrase “autumn like hitting a cymbal” with the clear autumn of Japan, which I could see, in contrast to the golden yellow leaves around me. It’s hard to say, but it was certain that Mallarmé’s words were sometimes sunk in my heart. But even if my heart remains depressed, through this word an autumn appears before me, and its reality gives me an impression that is by no means inferior to the memory of autumn that I actually saw. I have been giving it to my heart. The sense of reality in me is not limited to this “autumn” experience, but it gives me a new sense of reality through various words.


 Was it Laforgue who said, “Rain that falls with the kindness of an angel”? Once these words settled in my heart, it always rained with that kindness. Speaking of simplicity, it’s as simple as it gets, but I’m sure everyone has this experience. I see it as my own happy experience, and it can be said that I have cherished it. No matter how many times I flipped both pockets, all that came out was dust, and my few fortunes were a collection of such fragmentary words.


 Mr. Tetsutaro Kawakami taught me a lot. They protected my youthful heart. The place where my father opened the glass door with the child and entered the dining room with Zenzo Kasai’s “Take a Child” gave me an endless sense of relief. There may have been a projection of “Christ the Child” somewhere in that relief, but such self-analysis was, so to speak, disturbed by the logic itself and did not finally reach deeper in the heart. It seems. Logic is sometimes easily incorporated into a part of the system, but sensations do not belong anywhere and can remain half-hearted and unstoppable. Literature often played such a role in the mind, so unlike the words of parents preaching in a rational way, it permeates the mind like the familiar country and western that you hear back in your room. did.


 If my young heart did not have Zenzo Kasai’s “Take a Child”, my heart might have been moved by any religion that was approaching. That may have made me happier, but I haven’t taken that direction, and I’ve been wandering around to the present day. The scenery of “Take a child” remains undifferentiated in my heart and still gives me a deep sense of relief. Similarly, “the rain that falls with the kindness of an angel” has transformed my cold and wet heart into a warm and gentle world.


 Words are not magicians, they are not magic. It’s just a message to move in. However, the message reaches the human mind as a reality, just as the colors created by the painter shine with light from the back of the screen. Often with a sense of reality beyond what the immature self experienced. When some of those messages overlap, the vulnerable heart protects the child from the big bear, just like a sturdy beaver’s nest. Feeling the autumn of cymbals in the overcast sky, my lonely father with a child gives it to those who read the supreme kindness from the dark light bulbs.


 That’s why literature has a defensive ability as an added value.


Tokyo
25 August 2017
Sekinan Ideogram

Read more:  http://srfl-essay.webnode.com/news/a48-letter-from-the-story-papa-wonderful/

No comments:

Post a Comment