Tuesday 27 February 2024

Letter to Y, Of S.W. Hawking's THE CHRONOLOGY PROTECTION CONJECTURE2018 Translated by Google

 

Letter to Y, Of S.W. Hawking's THE CHRONOLOGY PROTECTION CONJECTURE 2018

06/08/2018 23:42

Dear Y,

 

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to send us an email.

 

I'm also studying a little bit for fall.

As with anything, the more you do it, the more things you don't understand.

 

This is related to my main topic, so regarding time,

I'm currently reading a 1991 academic lecture entitled The Temporal Order Preservation Hypothesis by Dr. Hawking, who passed away this spring .

Published by NTT Publishing, the full text is also available in English.

The original title is THE CHRONOLOGY PROTECTION CONJECTURE.

Up until now, I had understood the word chronology to mean chronological order, but

This word is appropriate because the historical order of time is certainly not reversed.

I used to simply translate time order as Time Order, but this allows for any order.

If you look at the Shorter Oxford, this word was first used in 1593, and it is written as "The science of computing time or periods of time," and the Latin and original Greek words are listed. When Greek is written in the alphabet, it becomes kronos-+logia, and I once again felt the historical depth of English from the etymology of the vocabulary.

 

Dr. Hawking is trying to demonstrate from the viewpoint of physics that time cannot be reversed and that a time machine cannot be created. His work is not based on a mathematical method, so he calls it a hypothesis, but I think it is a physically advanced content.

 

I've been thinking about Imaginary Time for a while, and I've written a small paper based on his essay, so I've always been curious about his views.

My paper is below.

 

In the fall, I would like to further advance my main topic, Quantum Group Language, which is a language theory based on quantum groups in mathematics, which has been ongoing since 2003 .

Now it's preparatory work.

 

It's fun to be able to clearly describe conceptual things using mathematics, if you can do it well.

There are probably not many approaches to these languages, and they are pioneering and attractive.

 

Hope you're well.

 

Cordially,

4 August 2018

SRFL

T.A.

 



Read more: https://srfl-lab.webnode.page/news/letter-to-y-of-s-w-hawkings-the-chronology-protection-conjecture-2018/

No comments:

Post a Comment